Skip to main content

Anaphylaxis Canada's Spring Conference

It was a real pleasure to meet many Blue Bear Aware customers at Anaphylaxis Canada's Spring Conference; Food for thought: translating food allergy research into practice.

It was a great conference with many exciting speakers and insightful presentations. A few, of the many, highlights were listening to Presenters speak on....
  • Update on Peanut Allergy Research,
  • Food labeling in Canada,
  • Anaphylaxis management in Schools and Community.
In addition there were many exhibitors offering great resources for families with Food Allergies;
  • Allergy Sense an extensive Food Allergy Resource and Directory for articleds on recipes, allergy tips and promotions,
  • AllerDine a resource for local restaurants and how they handle food allergies,
  • Nutrition for you Condition innovative items for dining and travel,
  • The Chef Upstairs a private dining and cooking studio hosting kids with food allergies in the kitchen- summer camps available!
And Thanks for the great Toronto hospitality!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Food Allergy Mom's New 'All Nighter'

It is now just before midnight on a Saturday night and I am wide awake. I'd like to say that I'm channeling my more lighthearted side before children and partying the night away. But I'm not. No. Instead I am about to embark on another all nighter to monitor my son, Aiden. Tonight he went for a walk with his Nana (grandma) and his sister and no sooner reached the entrance to the park when he mysteriously tossed his cookies. The way you hear Nana describe it, he emptied his insides out to the point where she almost caught the cookie tossing bug. He's six years old so you may be thinking 'So What. Kids barf all the time.' Yep. However, in Aiden's case, throwing up is often the first thing he does when having a reaction to food. Experts tell us that reactions can vary every time and I do believe them. Yet, with Aiden we have seen vomiting almost every single time. He is also one of those few have had biphasic reactions even as late as a day and half later. (

Bluebearaware.com Store is closing

Store Closing We've heard that before... On December 31, 2018, the storefront for  bluebearaware.com  will be shut down. As the owner of this amazing online retailer, I can assure you that this is a genuine closing. Further, I do not have any intention of selling the business. On the contrary, I plan to keep Blue Bear alive. YES! We'll still be here. Just not selling products for the foreseeable future. What can you expect to see in the future? I love bringing smiles to people's faces. I love knowing that I have made someone feel important. To let them know that I see them and they matter. I have a big a-s, bleeding heart. I know it. I own it. I want to save the world, one person at a time. I've been a crisis counselor. I've worked with the women's shelter. In our food allergic community, I started as a support group leader. To say that those experiences were rewarding is absolutely an understatement, but my life has changed since then. I have so

CLOSING SALE 40%-55% off all regular priced products

Dear Blue Bear Aware Customers; It is with mixed emotions that Roberta and Elizabeth are closing Blue Bear Aware's doors as of March. It has been our joy and inspiration over the past six years creating fun and fashionable allergy awareness gear for kids while at the same time providing reassurance for parents. Over the years we have enjoyed receiving the children's colouring contest entries, receiving photos of your children in Blue Bear Aware's allergy gear, numerous emails and phone calls with your heart felt thanks for our product and for sharing many touching stories as to how your family's live with allergies everyday. Thank you for your patronage and support over the years. Stock up and let them grow into it! All auto-injector pouches and Allerbling wristbands are 40% off. Use the code 40%off in the coupon box and All other regular priced merchandise is 55%off. Use the code 55%off in the coupon box at the check out. Also many bargains can be found at the